Tuesday, March 05, 2002

 

Kevin and Pauline’s Disney Baptism

P recently surprised me by offering to take us all to Disneyland Paris on a Sunday afternoon. Apart from the astronomical prices, poor food and long queues, it was a lot of fun. Especially when Kevin kept running off on his own into the madding crowd… what happened to my shy little boy who used to hang on to my leg, rather than let me out of his sight?

Both children were so excited to see familiar cartoon characters in real life. Kevin went with his Papa on one scary ride, while Pauline and I took a sedate train trip around the perimeter of the whole park. Somehow though, it just wasn’t as magical as the Disneyland in California my parents took me to when I was thirteen. I must be getting old...

The highlight for Pauline was Las Vegas-style song and dance live show on a huge stage, that took place in front of us, just as we sat down for dinner. She stood on her chair to see better and danced along with all the pretty ladies in their very short dresses. I was admiring their magnificent calf muscles, while I suspect P was checking out a different part of their anatomy! Kevin was more interested in his food than the dancing!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?