Friday, February 11, 2000

 

Kevin & Pauline Catch The Train!

On Wednesday morning I took Kevin and Pauline to Méemée and Pépé's on the train. They were incredibly quiet and good for the whole two train rides (unlike some of the children who can’t sit still for 15 minutes on the school bus). When Mémée and Pépé met us at the station they were so excited that they ran off to the jeep without kissing me goodbye! Then I caught the train back into Paris to do a bit of shopping, but I didn’t stay long and do my usual movies and lunch thing because I was just too tired and crook, so I came home early afternoon.

Yesterday I didn’t go out at all because it was pouring with rain all day. I made a lovely lunch and dinner though for P. and I – when the children aren’t here I can indulge in spices and exotica and make meals that actually have vegetables mixed in with the meat and starch. For Kevin and Pauline those components have to be neatly arranged in separate piles on the plate! So for lunch we had chicken, leeks, mushrooms and carrots in a gingery, lemony, coconut curry sauce (recipe from 'North & South' magazine) and Madhur Jaffrey’s spiced dry potatoes. It was absolutely DELICIOUS. In the evening I made a tuna, rice, cheese, onion, green bean and egg mixture and flung it in the oven for 20 minutes like a casserole. We had red cabbage salad with that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?