Sunday, December 12, 1999

 

"Mummy Broke My Glasses!"

On Saturday afternoon I took Kevin into Fontainebleau to do a bit of shopping, but the main objective was to go to the cinema and see ‘Tarzan’, Kevin’s first Disney movie on the big screen! It was pouring with rain, so I put his glasses (made in NZ last February) in my coat pocket because he wouldn't have been able to see through the glasses and the rain.

Unfortunately, they must have fallen out of my pocket in the car park when I pulled out my wallet to put coins in the parking ticket machine, but I didn't realise.

We got to the cinema, discovered the missing glasses, and so he had to watch the film without them. It didn’t seem to spoil his enjoyment of the film.

We found the mangled frames in the car park later that evening, after they had been run over by dozens of cars. The "unbreakable" lenses were nowhere to be seen, even though I spent half an hour looking! I got a big telling-off from hubby when I got home, because new glasses are very expensive. But Kevin was due to get new ones this year anyway, and the old ones were so scratched and battered that I feel it was a happy accident. His new ones have tortoise-shell patterned frames and look really nice on him. And the lenses are so shiny and scratch-free, I’m sure he can see better now. He really enjoyed telling people that his Mummy broke the glasses, not himself!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?